Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2019, 09:53:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: retro-link - your friendly all-inclusive retro EVERYTHING community

+  retro-link.com
|-+  Retro Culture
| |-+  Retro Movies
| | |-+  The Chevy pick-up in Star Trek IV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Chevy pick-up in Star Trek IV  (Read 7658 times)
RobertB
Founding Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 04:56:51 AM »

All wheels/tires have been replaced on the truck, and that includes the spare.  However, it still does a front "shimmy" when I brake.  I took it to Hewitt Alignment for an inspection, and they say that the front brakes will have to be redone.  At the end of the month, I plan to take the truck into Pep Boys for that.
     Moisture has gotten into the gas tank.  How do I know?  Well, when I was running the truck low on fuel, that bad gas was being scraped off the bottom of the tank and made for rough idling and a smelly exhaust.  Fresh gasoline would just sit on top of the bad gas (water being heavier than gasoline).  I haven't decided whether I should try and keep running the truck over time, hoping the bad gas is all used up, or whether I should have the gas tank dropped and the bad gas drained out.  The truck will definitely need a new gas cap to prevent moisture from getting in.
     From LMCTruck.com, I order a couple of wheel caps, an owner's manual, a fender brace, and a glovebox screw.  $65!  That should arrive next week.  From Autozone, I ordered a pair of Gabriel Ultra rear shock absorbers, and those should come in on Saturday.

Little by little,
          Robert Bernardo
          Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
          Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length